Friday, April 10, 2009

On Wednesday this week, I had the awesome pleasure to take my first born on a date. Just me and him! What a great way to spend the day. We got up in the morning and he got a haircut and bath. Every 5 minutes he was asking me, "mommy is it time to go yet?" He was so excited and that warmed my heart to no end. We left the house around 11 and dropped off Austin at Grandma T's. (good alone time for him as well!) First stop was to Celebration Cinema to watch Monsters vs Aliens in 3D. We got in to the theatre while the previews were starting and Mason was just in awe! He wouldn't take his eyes off the screen. I kept asking him if he wanted his pop or popcorn and he would keep staring straight ahead and say "no". Finally about half way through he took a drink of his pop and asked for the popcorn. (he had both gone by the end of the movie!






































Our second stop was to the Grand Rapids Public Museum. Right now they have a temporary dinosaur exhibit. Mason was a little uneasy about going in to the exhibit at first because they have moving dinosaurs. Once he got going, he was ok. I think he liked some of the other exhibits we saw a little better. He loved it all just the same and was completely exhausted by the time we left. I asked him if he was going to stay awake on the way home and he says "no, i just gonna fall asleep." He was not even five minutes from the museum and he was out!! I had so much fun with him. Just being able to give my full attention to him was the greatest! And it taught me to let him go a little bit. He is starting to do so much on his own and I tend to forget that. He is able to walk through the museum and not run away anymore! That takes a great amount of courage on my part to let him do that in all the business but we got through it! God has blessed me with such a wonderful son!

















No comments: