Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As my sister so nicely pointed out to me, June is over and I should probably update my blog. Thanks Kelly :)
Hmmm...... Summer was busy as usual with Doug being in 2 softball teams as well as becoming a deacon at church. I didn't get to go to as many games this year with my boys at the age they are, but there is always next year right? July and August were pretty uneventful, and at the beginning of September we headed down to Disney World with our kids. So much fun!! With the summer as mild as it was here in Michigan, our bodies had a lot harder time adjusting to the 90+ degree weather with lots of humidity. The boys had such a great time. Of course they had their moments, but they did extremely well & can't wait to go back again some day.

We have taken our house off the market. We were not overly happy with how things were going, and then our realtor decided she was going to stop selling houses immediately. So, we did have another realtor walk through the house, who told us we would probably have to finish our basement in order to get out of it what we wanted. So in other words, we needed to put MORE MONEY in to the house to sell it. Not something we can really afford to do right now, so we are just sitting tight.
They boys are getting so big. Mason will be 4 in November and I swear he has grown three inches over the summer. None of his clothes are fitting, so somehow we need to come up with the money to buy him a completely new wardrobe. Hmmm, guess we'll take that a little at a time. He didn't make the cutoff for PreSchool this year, and he is really in need of something. We will see what I can find. Austin turned 2 in July and he is starting to come out of his shell more and more. This has also made it difficult because they are starting to CONSTANTLY PICKING ON EACH OTHER!!!! There are times that they play nice, but it usually doesn't last too long and Doug and I are back to refereeing some thing or another.




Doug's work is getting slow, but they still do have some stuff lined up which I am thankful for. We will see what comes this winter. My work is getting slightly busier as the holidays approach so I am trying to pick up as many hours as I can. I am doing a lot of night shifts (only from 5-10) so that I don't need to worry about a babysitter. Sometimes I wish I could just win the lotto and life would be much easier. Probably have to play to win though, right?








No comments: